Selecting hiking boots is up to your preference. If you own wide feet, the number of options becomes narrower. You have to choose the footwear which is broader than the normal ones. In addition, this item needs to make you feel comfortable, to be protected, and traction.
There are a lot of kinds of hiking boots for you to choose. You need to be tricky in order to choose an ideal pair. But do not worry, through this article, we will give you some information which will help you to avoid some mistakes.
1. Fitting and size
The feature of fitting along with the size is one thing you should consider carefully when buying the hiking boots. You need to choose the products which give you the comfort, usability as well as the stability. If the size of the product is perfect, you do not have to worry about anything while hiking. The amount of brands of hiking boots which fit your feet is not large.
If your feet are wide, you will find it hard to find a brand which offers a fitting size. There are a few brands, for example, Merell or Columbia which you should consider. Hiking boots are better choices for you than the hiking shoes because the size of shoes is not good for the wide feet.
The shoes include lacing systems which will limit your feet while the hiking boots will extend a bit upward to the legs. Therefore, the hiking boots are better to keep the feet.
In order to be fit the wide feet, you wear the thinner or thicker socks while wearing the hiking boots.
If you want your item to become more durable, stable as well as breathable, you need to concern more about the components. The way of choosing the components depends on a terrain you usually take. If your component is more innovative as well as sophisticated, it will give you a lot of benefits,
If you usually take the rough and rocky terrains, the hiking boot along with the torsional stability is a great choice for you. This kind of shoes will support you a lot. This feature plays an important role in lowering your upper body, especially if you bring a big backpack.
Some of the components of the best hiking boots for wide feet:
- Full-grain leather: This kind is really great for the durability. It has an ability to resist to water as well as the abrasion.
- Split-grain leather: It is created from the nylon mesh. This kind of the material will make your footwear become more breathable.
- Nubuck leather: This type of leather is more flexible when compared to others, and more durable when compared to the full-grain leather.
- Waterproof membrane: If you choose eVent or GoreTex, your feet are always dry.
- Insulation: The insulation of a hiking boot can keep warm to your feet, even when you go out in the cold weather.
- EVA: EVA also means ethylene vinyl acetate. In the midsole, people usually use this material. It makes your footwear more durable and your feet will become more comfortable.
- Polyurethane: This material is more durable as well as tougher when compared to the EVA. So if you go backpacking or mountaineering, this kind is a great choice for you.
- Plates: In the outsole along with insole, you can find the plates which are inserted complicatedly. This part plays an important role in protecting your feet and avoiding the bruises.
- Lug patterns: Your feet will be given the suitable traction with these patterns and crevices.
- Heel brake: You can find this component in the outsole of your footwear. The hold between your boots and the ground will be improved with the aid of the heel brake. When you step down, the slides will be also avoided.
We hope that this post will give you some helpful tips to choose good hiking boots. In order to get more details, let’s see The Best Hiking Boots for Wide Feet 2017.